10 quotes that could change your life December 16, 2013 – Posted in: Confidence, Personal Development – Tags: coaching, confidence, goals, Personal Development, success
I’m a massive fan of the work of the late American coach, Stephen R Covey. His book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, has literally changed the lives of millions and his legacy is being felt in organisations and families across the world. I use much of his philosophy in my own coaching practice because his simple, principle-centred approach works. He died just over a year ago and to honour his enormous contribution, I thought I’d publish my favourite, most powerful Covey-Quotes. Allow them to penetrate your soul and you will change your life for the better. Enjoy!
1) The key is not to prioritise what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
2) The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.
3) Live out of your imagination, not your history.
4) Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.
5) Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.
6) I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
7) You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage—pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically, to say “no” to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger “yes” burning inside. The enemy of the “best” is often the “good.”
8) I teach people how to treat me by what I will allow.
9) Love is a verb. Love – the feeling – is the fruit of love the verb or our loving actions. So love.
10) Live, love, laugh, leave a legacy.